Once again, the Photographic Society of America is offering a scholarship of $4,000 to four (4) students who meet the specific criteria. If you meet the following criteria, please be sure to apply! Application deadline is July 31, 2018, at 5:00PM ET.
- Complete and submit all parts of The Education Foundation’s scholarship application. For this scholarship, the essay for the Foundation’s application should be 250-500 typed words pertaining to your interest in photography.
- Submit six (6) of your original photographs in digital format (72 ppi JPEGs with 700 pixels on the longest side). These photos should demonstrate your skill, interests, and creativity in photography.
- All six (6) photos must also include the PSA’s signed author release and signed model releases only for each identifiable posed model (not in public domain).
Criteria and Schedule:
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in an associate’s or bachelor’s Still Photography (digital is fine, but not video) degree program at one of the Art Institutes in the U.S.; must have completed at least two (2) academic quarters; and must have at least four (4) academic quarters remaining until graduation.
- The student must also be in good academic standing with a GPA of at least 2.5 and with no disciplinary issues.
- Applicants cannot be previous recipients of this scholarship.
- Each campus may select a maximum of three (3) students whose application and photos are submitted online by July 31, 2018, at 5:00PM ET, for consideration by the Foundation and the PSA. The Education Foundation reserves the right to refuse any applications received after that deadline. It is anticipated that the four national winners will be announced around October 2018.
- The Education Foundation will judge the applications received from campuses and narrow it down to 10 national finalists, whose application will be reviewed by the PSA to determine the 4 winners.
Terms and conditions:
- During the course of the 2017-18 academic year, winners must be able to provide the PSA with a print portfolio of recent work for display and publication as determined by the PSA, including the annual conference in the Fall of 2018. The PSA may retain the portfolios submitted for the conference for use in archival and educational purposes.
- Winners must comply with all requirements contained in The Education Foundation’s scholarship application. All applicants agree to allow The Education Foundation to utilize submitted photos for use in current and future communications.
Again, after the deadline, Photographic Society of America’s scholarship committee will select only four (4) students from the reduced pool of applicants to be awarded $4,000 each to be applied to tuition expenses.
Any questions not answered from the information above can be directed to Andrew at email@example.com.